Tasty Recipe: Confetti Wraps
Sponsored by Saint Peter’s Healthcare System
Here’s an easy recipe for a tasty wrap.
- 1 ounce ham (about 2 or 3 slices of deli-cut ham)
- 1 ounce turkey (about 2 or 3 slices of deli-cut turkey)
- 1 ounce Swiss cheese (about 2 slices of deli-cut cheese)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce, finely shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper,
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie Thousand Island dressing
- 2 large, colorful sun-dried tomato wraps
Tightly roll ham slices and cut into thin strips. Do the same with turkey and Swiss cheese. Toss with vegetables that have been chopped and shredded. Your mix should look like confetti and be almost moist enough to enjoy without dressing.
Pack it to go in a plastic bowl. Take tortilla wraps and dressing on the side. Assemble when you’re ready to eat. Put a tablespoon of dressing on a large tortilla wrap and mound “confetti” on top. Roll and enjoy.
Each serving contains about 342 calories, 41 g carbohydrates, 21 g protein, 10 g fat, 703 mg sodium, and 4 g fiber.
This food is gout-friendly because it contains food moderate in purines. Meat, fish, and poultry should be limited to 1 to 2 servings per day.
Online Medical Reviewer: Brittany Poulson MDA RDN CD CDE
Online Medical Reviewer: Heather Trevino
Date Last Reviewed: 10/1/2020
© 2000-2022 The StayWell Company, LLC. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional’s instructions.