Tasty Recipe: Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Sponsored by Saint Peter’s Healthcare System
Looking for a tasty cookie recipe to add to your holiday cookie repertoire? These Apple Oatmeal Cookies may do the trick.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup 1 percent milkfat (low-fat) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a cooking processor fitted with a standard blade, puree cottage cheese with apple sauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Stir in cottage cheese mixture until well combined.
- Form little balls and press into 24 mini muffin tin compartments. Bake for 12 minutes.
Serves six; serving size is four cookies. Each serving provides: 130 calories, 2 g total fat (0.4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 24 g total carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 8.5 g sugars, 5 g protein.
© 2000-2022 The StayWell Company, LLC. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional’s instructions.