Make this spring the creative period to whip-up some fun loving desserts that will for sure leave an impression on others for many Easter seasons to come!
Easter Basket Milkshake
This recipe is for sure over the top but who can go wrong with a chocolate bunny with a peeps-flavored milkshake inside! The hallowed out chocolate bunny filled with the vanilla liquid is a yummy treat all by itself. To top it all off, this Easter themed milkshake includes your favorite holiday candies sticking out of it! It is literally an Easter basket made out of a chocolate Easter bunny! Here’s the recipe for your enjoyment:
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1.25 cups milk
- 10-15 Peeps – your color of choice
- 3 chocolate bunnies
- 15 Peeps – your color of choice
- 3 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate frosting
- Edible “grass”
- Easter marshmallows
- Other Easter candy of choice.
- Start by removing the head of your chocolate bunnies.
- Next, smear chocolate frosting on the collar of the bunny body, then add edible grass and marshmallows or other Easter candies of your choice.
- Then add your Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs to skewer sticks. If breaking the stick to make it fit into your chocolate bunny is easier, then do so.
- Now is time to make the whipped cream: start by combining 1 cup of heaving whipping cream, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a chilled stand mixer bowl and whip until mixture hardens. Then, add the whipped cream to a pastry bag.
- Next, make your milkshake by combining the vanilla ice cream, milk, and 10-15 Peeps in a blender. Make sure to mix on HIGH for about a minute. The peeps should be good and blended.
- Pour the milkshake into each chocolate bunny, stick in your candy skewers, a straw, the chocolate bunny head on another skewer, top with the whipped cream and more marshmallows if you’d like/
- Th bunny milkshake is ready to be served! Enjoy!
Flower Cupcake Bouquet
Get creative this springtime! A flower cupcake bouquet is easy to make and it’s almost too pretty to even eat! You will find yourself wanting cupcake after cupcake. Before you know it, the whole bouquet will be gone! Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Make sure you also have a mini muffin pan/wrappers, icing, piping bag, wilton 2D tip, flower pot, a Styrofoam ball that fits inside pot and toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini wrappers. Mix the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and milk together until smooth. Add in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth, but be sure to not over mix. Pour the batter into the 24 mini wrappers. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until you insert a toothpick in the middle of a cupcake and it comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Place your Styrofoam ball inside the flower pot.
- Place toothpicks all around the ball, then add the mini cupcakes in staggering rows. Angle the toothpicks up, so the cupcakes will stay on firmly.
- Fill the piping bags with your frosting of choice. Pipe a frosting rose on each cupcake using a wilton 2D tip. Hold the piping bag perpendicular to the cupcake. Starting on the outside, squeeze the piping bag and create a spiral until your reach the middle of the cupcake.
- Once each cupcake has frosting, the bouquet is complete! Enjoy!
Creme Egg Rocky Road Bars
Cadbury Creme Eggs are surely good all on their own but, add them to any dessert makes it all better! What can possibly go wrong with chocolate, marshmallows and crushed cookies; all mixed together to create this gooey, chocolatey treat! Get started on this fun and creative recipe:
- 10 ounces of milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed Rich Tea biscuits or Graham crackers
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs, halved
- colored sprinkles
- Add the milk chocolate, butter, and maple syrup to a small saucepan, and melt over a low heat, stirring regularly so it doesn’t burn.
- When the chocolate mixture is smooth and glossy, add it to a large mixing bowl with the mini marshmallows, dried fruit, and crushed Rich Tea biscuits or graham crackers. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spread the mixture out into a lined, lightly greased baking tray, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Decorate the rocky road mixture with Cadbury mini eggs, halved Cadbury Creme Eggs, and colorful sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours, until completely set. Then, cut into squares to serve.
Easter Bunny Oreo Ice Cream Cake
The easiest dessert to make for your Easter Sunday celebrations! This fun and creative cake will for sure leave people laughing at the coconut-covered ice cream bunny tush and the carrots made from candy melts! This is the perfect opportunity to try making homemade ice cream for a change! Here’s how to make it:
- 1 Oreo Premium Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pink cotton candy
- 2 cups white chocolate candy melts, or chopped white chocolate
- orange, green and pink food coloring.
- 2 cups green frosting, you can buy white frosting and color it green
Remove the ice cream cake from the box and place on a cake plate. Make sure it stays frozen until it is ready to decorate.
Press the vanilla ice cream into a small bowl to form the bunny butt, smooth the top with a knife and freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove the ice cream from the bowl and place the ice cream on the top of the cake in the center with the flat side down. Gently press the coconut onto the surface of the vanilla ice cream. Place the cake back in the freezer.
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 30 second increments each and being sure to stir after each until smooth. Divide the chocolate evenly between three small bowls. Color one bowl orange, one green and one pink until the desired shade is achieved. (If the chocolate starts to firm up, return to the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth.)
Transfer the chocolate to a zip top bag and snip off the corner. Using the orange, pipe the carrots onto parchment and allow to set. Using the green, pipe the carrot tops and allow to set. Using the white, pipe two 2 1/2 inch ovals for the feet and then decorate by piping the pink paws on the white feet. Allow to set.
Remove the cake from the freezer and decorate by piping a bit of melted chocolate onto the chocolate pieces to glue them to the desired spots on the cake. Stick the carrot tops into the top edges of the cake, as shown.
Place the green frosting into a piping bag fitted with the “grass” tip and pipe the grass around the edges of the cake and the bunny butt. Return the cake to the freezer to set for 30 minutes or up to 48 hours.
Before slicing, remove the cake from the freezer and allow to rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
EASTER EGG TRUFFLES
You can never have too much chocolate right? This cream egg truffle, wrapped in a chocolate-cookie mixture will surely leave your mouth watering and is worth every bite! Here is how you make it!
- 4 tablespoons of full-fat cream cheese.
- 3 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar, sifted.
- 6 ounces of all-butter shortbread biscuits, crushed into crumbs.
- 3½ ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, melted.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 10 mini creme eggs, unwrapped.
- 1 cup of sprinkles of your choosing.
- Place the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl and mix together until well combined. Next, add the shortbread crumbs, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract, and mix well until combined (it should be a stiff mixture).
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball in your hand. Flatten it out, then place a mini creme egg in the middle. Wrap the mixture around the creme egg and roll it in your hand again to smooth it out.
- Roll the ball in sprinkles and place on a tray or plate. Repeat the steps above with the rest of the truffles.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up a little before serving.
If you’re a fan of Peeps the you will definitely love this recipe! Turn your everyday s’more recipe into a bright and colorful one and dip those graham crackers into melted chocolate for that extra sweetness! This recipe will surely satisfy that springtime sweet-tooth! Get your ingredients ready:
- chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- rainbow sprinkles
- graham crackers
- Mix the oil into the chocolate and microwave for about 90 seconds. Stir until it is all melted. Be sure not to let it burn!
- Dip the edge of the graham cracker into the chocolate and cover with sprinkles. Let the chocolate harden on a piece of wax paper before eating.
- Place a Peeps bunny on a non-chocolate graham cracker and warm it up in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stack the other chocolate graham on top and enjoy the most festive s’more of your life!
Mini Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches
The carrot cake takes on whoopie-pie in this recipe! These airy, cake like cookies are so good you can’t just have one! Loaded with shredded carrots, walnuts, oats and loads of pumpkin spice all sandwiched together with a sweet cream cheese filling….did someone say YUM? Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 3/4 cup of walnuts, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats.
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup of packed light-brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (8 Tablespoons), softened at room temp.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1 1/4 cup shredded carrot.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk the flour, walnuts, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt together, and set aside.
- Next, combine the wet ingredients. Mix the softened butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Beat until creamy (about 30 seconds, on medium speed if you have a mixer). Slowly add the the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until combined (another 30 seconds).
- Mix in the shredded carrots to the cookie dough in the mixing bowl used in step one. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the cookie dough and roll into balls in the palm of your hands (dough will be a little sticky). Place each ball on the baking sheet, leaving a two-inch space between each cookie. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking/cooling, make the cream cheese frosting. Combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of your mixer. Beat until creamy and smooth. In quarter-cup increments, add the powdered sugar and beat until frosting comes together and is smooth.
- Finally, let the cookies cool completely before frosting and sandwiching together.