The Queen B - Beyoncé celebrates her 37th birthday today. I compiled a few interesting facts that you may or may not have known about the world wide superstar. Scroll through below!
- Her full name (since marrying Jay-Z) Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter and she was born on September 4th in Houston, Texas.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z have 3 kids. Blue Ivy born January 7th, 2012 and twins Rumi and Sir born June 13th, 2017.
- Beyoncé loves mascara and is allergic to perfume. Her own line of fragrances are huge sellers.
- Beyoncé's name is actually her mother Tina's maiden name.
- Her favorite ice cream is Butter Pecan (One of my favorites too!)
- Beyoncé won more than 30 singing and dancing competitions.
- Her Mom, Tina is a costume designer & her father, Matthew is a record manager and has managed her career.
- Her favorite singer is Stevie Wonder & her favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- Beyoncé's daughter, Blue Ivy is the youngest person to appear on a Billboard chart. Jay-Z's song "Glory" features her cries at the end of it.
- Beyoncé's favorite number is 4. Her mom, Tina's birthday is January 4th while her birthday is September 4th. Her husband, Jay-Z's birthday is December 4th. They got married on April 4th.
- She loves to visit museums and swimming in the ocean.
- To overcome her stage fright, she created the alter-ego, Sasha Fierce.
- The name Destiny's Child is derived from a passage in the Book of Isaiah.
- Beyoncé is the first female artist to have her first six studio albums debut at number one.
- The word "Bootylicious" from the Destiny's Child song was added to the Oxford English Dictionary and yup it's an actual, official word.
- Beyoncé donated her entire salary from the film 'Cadillac Records' to Phoenix House - an organization of rehabilitation centers for heroin addicts around the country.
- 'Halo' is the song that has spent the longest time on the Hot 100 charts in Beyoncé's career.
- Destiny's Child has sold more than 60 million records worldwide to date.
Put a ring on it and celebrate with your favorite Beyoncé/Destiny's Child songs!