Magic 98.3 and The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital are gonna give you a chance to get some bragging rights and tell us something good your child is doing with our 2019 “Kids Who Make Magic” program!
We wanna hear about kids, ages 8 to 16, who deserve some recognition, whether they’ve raised money in a creative way for a favorite charity, mentored a fellow student, or did something above and beyond in their community, this is your chance to put them in the spotlight!
Submit your nomination here!
We’ll have some fun and honor all the nominees November 13, 2019 at Dave and Buster’s, Woodbridge Center Mall!
The 2019 “Kids Who Make Magic Awards” are sponsored in part by Crystal Auto Mall, Toyota and Mazda
Send any questions to Jaclyn.Farago@bbgi.com
WMGQ Magic 98.3
Kids Who Make Magic
These rules apply to Kids Who Make Magic Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WMGQ Magic 98.3 (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.magic983.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Friday, August 30, 2019 and end on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
- To enter online, visit www.magic983.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest and complete and submit the online entry form beginning on August 30, 2019 at 5:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 11:59pm ET. The entry form must also include the first and last name of the student nominee (“Student Nominee”) and the name and home phone number of the parent or legal guardian of the Student Nominee who is submitting the entry form. Each Student Nominee must be between the age of 8 and 16 years old at the time of entry and must live in New Jersey. Each entry must also include an original 250-500 word essay (“Essay”) explaining how the Student Nominee has inspired others and describing why Student Nominee deserves to be honored into the Kids Who Make Magic Class of 2019 through their extra-curricular activities, community service, mentoring and/or overcoming obstacles, and how they have made a difference in their community. The parent/legal guardian agrees that if selected as a winner, the Station may post the Student Nominee’s name and Essay on the Station’s website at www.magic983.com.
- All entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm ET on the Tuesday prior to each prize winner selection day as listed below to be eligible for that week’s judging period.
There will be up to a total of ten (10) winning Student Nominees selected in the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents, who are the parent or legal guardian of a child age 8 to 16 at time of entry and reside in New Jersey, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility. Student Nominees must be legal U.S. residents, age 8 to 16 at time of entry.
- Up to ten (10) prizes will be awarded. Each prize consists of: (i) one (1) Kids Who Make Magic Award/Plaque to the entrant’s Student Nominee; and (ii) five (5) tickets (for Student Nominee and up to four (4) guests, including the parent/legal guardian) to attend the awards banquet taking place on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at Dave & Buster's, 274 Woodbridge Center Dr., Woodbridge Township, NJ 07095. There is no cash or other retail value associated with the prize.
- Prizes will be awarded to the parent/legal guardian who submitted the online entry form. The Station assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize elements. Transportation of Student Nominees and their guests to and from the awards banquet, and any other expenses relating to the Contest not expressly listed as included in the prize, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize(s) is awarded as is. Tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond control of the Station and/or prize provider, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded element(s) of the prize(s). The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the prize-related event.
- The award/plaque portion of the prize must be claimed by 5:00 pm ET on January 12, 2020 during regular hours at the Station, located at 78 Veronica, Somerset, NJ 08873. The ticket portion of the prize must be claimed prior to the awards banquet. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Every Wednesday at approximately 5:30pm ET beginning on September 11, 2019 and ending on November 6, 2019, a judging panel made up of Station employees will select up to two (2) winning Student Nominees from all eligible entries received by 11:59pm ET on the Tuesday prior to the judging period based on the following judging criteria: how the Student Nominee has inspired others and made a difference in their community through their work as illustrated in the Essay.
- Non-winning entries will automatically rollover into subsequent judging periods, if any.
- Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
- The parent/legal guardian who submitted a winning entry will be notified by telephone and/or email promptly following winner selection. Station may choose to announce the names of the winning Student Nominees on-air at their sole discretion. If the parent/legal guardian(s) cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the prize is awarded, an alternate winning Student Nominee will not be selected.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.magic983.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 78 Veronica, Somerset, NJ 08873, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.