Wanna get some bragging rights for your cool, creative kid?
Magic 98.3 and The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital are giving you a chance to get some bragging rights about a child you know who is making an impact on their community with our 2023 Kids Who Make Magic Program!
Tell us about a child, age 8 through 16 who deserves some recognition! Whether they’ve raised money in a creative way for their favorite charity, mentored a fellow student, or did something above in beyond in their community, this is your chance to put them front and center and let Central Jersey know who they are!
Upload your nomination and include photos of what this child has done to make a spectacular difference in the community for a chance to win one of 3 cash prizes!
ENTER YOUR NOMINEE BELOW!
Check out a list of 8 other popular fall flavors aside from pumpkin spice HERE.
WMGQ Magic 98.3
Kids Who Make Magic
These rules apply to Kids Who Make Magic Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WMGQ Magic 98.3 (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.magic983.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, September 18, 2023 and end on Thursday, November 9, 2023.b. To enter online, visit www.magic983.com and follow the links and instructions to enter the Contest and complete and submit the online entry form beginning on Monday, September 18, 2023 at 5:00am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 1:00pm ET. The entry form must also include the first and last name of the student nominee (“Student Nominee”) and the name and home phone number of the parent or legal guardian of the Student Nominee who is submitting the entry form. Each Student Nominee must be between the age of 8 and 16 years old at the time of entry and must live in New Jersey. Each entry must also include an original 250-500 word essay (“Essay”) explaining how the Student Nominee has inspired others and describing why Student Nominee deserves to be honored into the Kids Who Make Magic Class of 2023 through their extra-curricular activities, community service, mentoring and/or overcoming obstacles, and how they have made a difference in their community. Nominators will also have to submit a photo (“Photo”) showcasing what the Student Nominee has accomplished that would make them deserving of this honor. The parent/legal guardian agrees that if selected as a winner, the Station will post the Student Nominee’s name, Essay, and Photo of the accomplishment on the Station’s website at www.magic983.com.c. All entries must be received no later than 1:00pm ET on the Thursday prior to each prize winner selection day as listed below to be eligible for that week’s judging period.
- Each Photo and Essay submitted must only include the entrant (and no other persons) and not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by any laws, or materials that may otherwise infringe on the rights of a third party. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that professional photographs (i.e., photographs taken by a photographer who was paid to take such photographs) are not eligible unless the entrant has rights to post that Photo. The Photo and Essay may not invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. The Station shall have the right to disqualify any entrant if it determines that the Photo or Essay contains copyrighted material or material that infringes on the rights of another; indecent or otherwise offensive material such as violence or drug abuse; or if such Photo or Essay contains material that is deemed to be unsuitable for a public audience. The Station’s determination with respect to all such matters shall be made in its sole discretion and shall be final. Photos or Essays that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Contest. By submitting a Photo and Essay, all entrants agree that they have permission to post the Photo and Essay and grant Station permission to use their Photo and Essay in any medium, including on www.magic983.com, for promotional purposes.e. There will be up to a total of one (1) First Place Prize-winning Student Nominee, one (1) Second Place Prize-winning Student Nominee, and one (1) Third Place Prize-winning Student Nominee selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents, who are the parent or legal guardian of a child age 8 to 16 at time of entry and reside in New Jersey, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility. Student Nominees must be legal U.S. residents, age 8 to 16 at time of entry.
- Up to one (1) First Place Prize will be awarded. The First Place Prize consists of one thousand dollars ($1,000) awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the parent or legal guardian who submitted the entry on behalf of the Student Nominee. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the First Place Prize is $1,000.b. Up to one (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded. The Second Place Prize consists of five hundred dollars ($500) awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the parent or legal guardian who submitted the entry on behalf of the Student Nominee. ARV of the Second Place Prize is $500.c. Up to one (1) Third Place Prize will be awarded. The Third Place Prize consists of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) awarded in the form of a company check issued in the name of the parent or legal guardian who submitted the entry on behalf of the Student Nominee. ARV of the Third Place Prize is $250.
d. Prizes will be awarded to the parent/legal guardian who submitted the online entry form. The Station assumes no responsibility for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize elements. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). The prize(s) is awarded as is. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be processed within approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
e. Each prize must be claimed by 5:00 pm ET on December 6, 2023 during regular hours at the Station, located at 78 Veronica, Somerset, NJ 08873. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to eight (8) total “Finalist” Student Nominees will be selected as follows:Every Thursday at approximately 1:30pm ET beginning on September 21st, 2023 and ending on November 9th, 2023, a judging panel made up of Station employees will select up to one (1) Finalist Student Nominee from all eligible entries received by 1:00pm ET on that same Thursday based on the following judging criteria: how the Student Nominee has inspired others and made a difference in their community through their work as illustrated in the Essay.b. Up to one (1) First Place Prize-winning Student Nominee, one (1) Second Place Prize-winning Student Nominee, and one (1) Third Place Prize-winning Student Nominee will be selected on November 14th, 2023 at approximately 1:00pm ET by the judging panel using the same judging criteria described above from among the eight (8) Finalist Student Nominees.
c. Non-winning entries will automatically rollover into subsequent judging periods, if any.
d. Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
e. The parent/legal guardian who submitted a winning entry will be notified by telephone and/or email promptly following winner selection. Station will announce the names of the winning Student Nominees on-air each Friday and share their stories in a weekly video posted on www.magic983.com. If the parent/legal guardian(s) cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the prize is awarded, an alternate winning Student Nominee will not be selected.
f. Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.