Predictions for the 2022 NFL Season
The wait is finally over the 2022 NFL season is here. All of the talking about what we think will happen can stop and time for some actual football. Here are my predictions for the year.
NFC Playoff Seeding:
- Los Angeles Rams (West Champs)
- New Orleans Saints (South Champs)
- Green Bay Packers (North Champs)
- Philadelphia Eagles (East Champs)
- San Francisco 49ers (Wild Card)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Wild Card)
- Minnesota Vikings (Wild Card)
For the Saints, they have one of the best receiver cores in the league along with a top-five running back in Alvin Kamara and a healthy Jameis Winston. Rodgers will get his receivers in order and he will have another amazing season. The Eagles are better than the Cowboys at everything except for quarterback. With the addition of A.J Brown expect Jalen Hurts to be better. The Niners have one of the best rosters in the league their biggest question is quarterback. Trey Lance is the guy but they still kept Jimmy Garoppolo, which will be something to watch. Brady has off-the-field issues but the goat will be the goat and do his thing. The real problem with this team will be the offensive line and their injuries.
AFC Playoff Seeding:
- Buffalo Bills (East Champs)
- Los Angeles Chargers (West Champs)
- Cincinnati Bengals (North Champs)
- Indianapolis Colts (South Champs)
- Kansas City Chiefs (Wild Card)
- Las Vegas Raiders (Wild Card)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild Card)
This season is the Bills’ season to take. Almost everyone I have seen is picking them to win and understandably so Josh Allen and that offense will be terrifying to play. The Chargers got better this offseason and Herbert will lead that team. Matt Ryan was a great pick-up for the Colts and he will lead the Colts to their first division title in the Frank Reich era. A lot of people are counting out the Chiefs with no Tyreek Hill but I think they will still be dangerous. As long as Mahomes is back there making plays the Chiefs will be in it. The Raiders and Steelers are both slept on and will surprise some teams.
- Offensive Player of the Year: Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills
- Defensive Player of the Year: Khalil Mack, DE, Los Angeles Chargers
- Offensive Rookie of the Year: Breece Hall, RB, New York Jets
- Defensive Rookie of the Year: Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Detroit Lions
- Comeback Player of the Year: Derrick Henry, RB, Tennessee Titans
- Coach of the Year: Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
- MVP: Josh Allen
Allen will be the MVP of the league all signs point to this year as Josh Allen’s year. He will lead his team to a number one seed and have the AFC playoffs go through Buffalo. Allen is a stud and has an arsenal of weapons at his disposal.
In the big game at the end of the year, I got the Buffalo Bills vs. New Orleans Saints. With everyone coming back healthy for the Saints I think they can take it all this season. If Winston is smart with his throws they will be fine. Kamara is in the backfield, Michael Thomas is coming back and they added Chris Olave. Not many have this team going far but they have everything to get back on top. I’ve said it before and I will say it again all signs point to the Bills they are stacked on both sides and pose problems for everyone. Allen will lead his team to a win and the Bills will win their first championship.