(Photo credit should read KOEN SUYK/AFP via Getty Images)

Fire investigators concluded that sunlight and beer bottles helped start a house fire that took place in Stoneham, Massachusetts last year. The deck of the house caught on fire after receiving five hours of direct sunlight through several beer bottles. The blaze caused $700,000 in damages. No one was injured.

State Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey says, “It’s uncommon, but definitely not unheard of. We’ve seen several fires involving windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces. This was the first one we can remember involving glass bottles, but there’s no question these surfaces can concentrate sunlight into a competent heat source under the right circumstances.”