Governor Phil Murphy recently announced that the New Jersey Turnpike Authority has renamed nine service areas on the Garden State Parkway after iconic New Jersey Hall of Fame (NJHOF) inductees in the arts, entertainment and sports.
Nine service areas will be renamed as follows:
- Montvale: James Gandolfini Service Area
- Brookdale North: Larry Doby Service Area
- Brookdale South: Connie Chung Service Area
- Vauxhall: Whitney Houston Service Area
- Cheesequake: Jon Bon Jovi Service Area
- Monmouth: Judy Blume Service Area
- Forked River: Celia Cruz Service Area
- Atlantic: Frank Sinatra Service Area
- Ocean View: Toni Morrison Service Area
“This is about putting New Jersey greatness on full display,” said Governor Phil Murphy. “This is the first part of an extended statewide exhibition of New Jersey heroes throughout our state. From military heroes on the Battleship New Jersey to historical figures on the New Jersey Turnpike to science and technology trailblazers at Newark Penn Station, New Jerseyans will find pride in our contributions to society and the world.”
The New Jersey Turnpike Authority Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to rename the nine service areas in honor of these notable New Jerseyans.
Click here to view the official press release.
By renaming nine @GSParkway service areas after iconic New Jerseyans, we're putting our greatness on full display. #NationalNewJerseyDay— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) July 27, 2021
🌟Jon Bon Jovi
🌟Toni Morrison pic.twitter.com/ddLirOX0BI