Check out some of the fun craft ideas that you can take part in for Mother’s Day.
Spring Cupcake Flowers
you will need:
- Pipe Cleaners
- Colorful cupcake liners
Directions: To start, poke a small hole in the middle of the cupcake liners with a pen. Then pull the pipe cleaner through the hole. Tie a small knot at the top of the cleaner. Make as many cupcake flowers as you’d like to create a cute little bouquet. Once done, tie a pipe cleaner around the center that way they stay together.
Mason Jar Picture Vase
here is what you’ll need:
- a large mason jar
- paint color of your choosing
- Paint brush
- Vinyl shape or sticker and picture
- Painter’s tape
- Clear spray paint
- Place painters tape over the part of your jar you don’t want painted; this way it creates a little ”window’ for you to later place the photo of your choosing to cover.
- Cut a picture to size and attach it to the mason jar with painter’s tape.
- Distress the lettering on the mason jar. This is an optional step but if you like the lettering to show, take a sharp object such as a metal filer and scrape until satisfied.
- Seal the outside of jar with clear spray paint. To make sure you jar stays intact, you will need to perform this step.
- Place cup inside jar to hold flowers. DO NOT fill inside of vase with water if you don’t want to ruin your photograph. Place a paper cup inside the jar, fill the cup with water, and place your flowers in the cup.
Voila! You now have the perfect mason jar vase with flowers and a lovely photo attached!
DIY Picture Frame
- What You Need:
- DIY Picture Frame
- Stick On Letters
- Any decorating materials of your choice
This craft allows for a lot of creativity! You can purchase your frame on Amazon or at a local Michael’s or Hobby Lobby store. The next and final step is to get creative! Decorate however you want to celebrate mom and finish by adding your favorite picture together in the frame.
Pop Up Card
What You Need:
- Make mom the best pop up surprise this Mother’s Day with this card! Get your paper and fold in half to make your card shape.
- Next, use a separate piece of paper to cut into a small medium length rectangle. This will be the “pop” of your pop up card.
- Use another small piece of paper to create whatever you want to pop out whether it be a “Happy Mother’s Day,” or “I love mom.”
- Fold your long rectangle in several places so it is able to spring up, it will look like a zig zag.
- When your spring and pop up design are ready, glue the spring piece to the inside of the card and the pop up on top.
Now when the card is opened, mom will have an awesome surprise waiting!
DIY Lavender Linen Spray
What You’ll Need:
- 8–10 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- 1 cup distilled water
- small spray bottle
Directions: Mix everything together then pour into a small spray bottle and get spraying! Leave everything smelling like lavender; giving you a sense of calm.
Heart Thumbprint Platter
What You Need:
- White Plate
- Glass Paint (Make sure it can be cured in the oven and dishwasher safe)
- Take your white plate and have your red paint set up before starting.
- Take your thumb and dip so that your fingerprint will have a thin coat of red paint.
- Place your thumb down once angled to the left and again angled to the right so it will be the shape of a heart. Repeat these steps with different family members so it is designed the way you would like.
- Use your sharpie to write down names, dates, or any other information mom would appreciate.
- Lastly, make sure your paint is cured properly by following the instructions listed on whatever glass paint brand you may buy.
Painted Rock Markers
What You Need:
- Smooth Stone
- Find or buy a smooth and decent sized stone. If you found the stone outside be sure to rinse with water and dry before beginning.
- If your mom loves to garden this is a perfect craft for her! Grab your paint and get to work! Decorate the stone however you would like with all your mom’s favorite colors.
- When you’re done painting, let the stone dry and use the sharpie to write down some personal messages for your mom’s garden!