How many times have you been feeling hungry before a meal and needed a little snack to hold you over? It’s real easy to grab the candy and chips right away but planning out your grocery hauls can make all the difference. Here’s a list of more nutritionally dense foods you can snack on and will leave you with more energy throughout the day.
- Carrots, pepper strips, and celery sticks are great and filling. Pair these veggies with some peanut butter, hummus or ranch dip to make for a delicious pre-dinner snack!
- Edamame makes for a great snack too! The secret is to cook them in a frying pan over the stove to add a little crisp. Top them with salt and pepper and voila!
- Fruit is always a great go-to snack! However, it’s important to be careful with your portions because too much fruit can be high in sugar.
- Any sort of nuts as well as pretzels, dried fruit or raisins are a good source of protein and filling!
- Speaking of protein, an individual serving size container of low-fat or low-sugar yogurt is a great snack as well!
Remember the key is moderation! You’re still allowed to eat the things you love! However, if you’re looking to lose some weight and make healthier eating decisions…the way you snack is a good way to start!