The Mets Need One Of These Stars!
2021 is the only thing Mets fans have to look forward too. Met fans, like myself, are hoping for two things…
- Steve “Big Daddy” Cohen spends big.
- They sign at least one or two major free agents to help the team.
With plenty of options on the table, we need The Mets to sign one of these free agents the second the World Series comes to an end.
- J.T. Realmuto – By far the best offensive and defensive catcher in the MLB, J.T Realmuto will provide stability in a position Met’s fans haven’t seen since the great Mike Piazza. The Phillies will be aggressive to maintain him, which is why The Mets need to write up that contract yesterday. He will be very expensive since Yasmani Grandal just received a 4 year $73 million dollar deal, but WE DON’T CARE! J.T needs to wear blue and orange in 2021!
- Trevor Bauer – Let’s face it, Met fans have been spoiled the past two seasons because of Jacob deGrom’s greatness. I’m not saying deGrom wasn’t amazing in 2020, it’s just Trevor Bauer was simply better. It’s safe to say Bauer will be the 2020 CY Young award winner & that’s ok! Just imagine the combo of deGrom & Bauer back to back for years to come! Rumor has it though, Bauer might only look for a one year deal, but maybe if Cohen throws a lot of zero’s his way, it will be an offer he can’t refuse!
- George Springer – I don’t care what you say about the guy, he’s good! Yes he was involved in the cheating scandal with Houston, but let’s face it, The Mets need a natural center fielder. Springer might be looking for a fresh start after all the controversy & why not have it with the little brothers of NYC! There are some concerns with his age & injury history, but I think this is a risk The Mets need to take and maybe they can get him on a team friendly deal due to it all.
- Marcus Stroman – I know he left a bad taste in our mouths after opting out of the season. But let’s be honest, you can’t blame him. He didn’t want to risk his health over playing baseball. But now imagine a starting rotation with deGrom, Bauer & Stroman! I know it’s unlikely to happen, but damn would that be one sexy rotation. The rotation last year was terrible, so if we had these three horses at the top, The Mets would be a force!