U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos has recognized 367 schools as National Blue Ribbon Schools for 2020.
Nine New Jersey schools are among the list and will be honored this year as National Blue Ribbon Schools. Now in its 38th year, the program has bestowed almost 10,000 awards to date.
The recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
“Congratulations to this year’s National Blue Ribbon School awardees,” said Secretary DeVos in a press statement. “It’s a privilege to recognize the extraordinary work you do to meet students’ needs and prepare them for successful careers and meaningful lives.”
The 2020 National Blue Ribbon Schools Awards Ceremony will be held virtually November 12 and 13.
- Clark Mills School – Manalapan, NJ
- Gould/Mountain School- N Caldwell, NJ
- HCST County Prep High School- Jersey City, NJ
- Henry B. Milnes Elementary School- Fair Lawn, NJ
- Island Heights Grade School- Island Heights, NJ
- Lillian M. Steen School- Bogota, NJ
- Old Turnpike School- Califon, NJ
- Riverview Elementary School- Denville, NJ
- School No. 5- Linden, NJ