(JUNE 1 – RED BANK and OCEANPORT, NJ) The Count Basie Center for the Arts presents New Jersey’s first-of-its kind “drive-in” concert experience on Saturday, July 11 with Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes, live onstage at Monmouth Park, Oceanport.
Tickets ($150 per vehicle, $250 / $225 gold circle) go on sale Friday, June 5 at 10am exclusively via Ticketmaster.com and phone charge at 800-745-3000. Only touchless, mobile tickets administered through the Ticketmaster app (iOS | Android) will be valid for these performances.
A maximum of four (4) occupants will be permitted per vehicle.
“The Asbury Jukes and I are so excited that we can play this first of its kind live concert and help get New Jersey started on a quick and healthy return to normal,” said “Southside” Johnny Lyon. “Why sit at home when ‘We’re Havin’ A Party,’ drive-in style? We’ll safely see everyone July 11th.”
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with New Jersey guidelines:
• Vehicles will be spaced approximately 9’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
• Cars will park in a staggered fashion to achieve spacing and best visibility.
• Patrons must remain inside their vehicle cabins.
• Patrons may only leave their vehicles only to use restrooms, and will be required to wear masks and maintain social distancing.
• Portable, single-stall restrooms will be cleaned between patrons.
“I commend the Count Basie Center for the Arts for finding a way to bring live entertainment to Monmouth County in a fun and safe way,” said Monmouth County Freeholder Director Thomas A. Arnone. “These drive-in shows are a great way to get out of the house and experience a live show, while still practicing social distancing.”
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
• Passenger vehicles only. No motorcycles, buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
• All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
• Events are rain or shine.
• Concert will take place in the Grandstand General Parking Lot. Cars must enter via Port-au-Peck Avenue. Specific directions below.
• Concessions information forthcoming. Alcohol will not be served.
• Absolutely no tailgating or out-of-vehicle gatherings.
• Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via FM radio. Details day of show.
• Cars with more than four occupants will be turned away without refund.
• Vehicles are subject to search upon entry.
• No pets allowed.
Drive-In Live at Monmouth Park is presented by The Basie Presents and sponsored by World Subaru. Events benefit the Count Basie Center for the Arts, with a portion of proceeds going to the New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund.
State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change. The Basie Presents will keep customers informed of changes as they pertain to these events at thebasie.org/drivein and Monmouthpark.com.