- For New Jersey residents, the New Jersey State Government website has put together a list of resources for residents who’s employment is effected by COVID-19. Click here for more information.
Utilities, Rent, Etc.
- National Grid Gas & Electric are encouraging customers who need payment assistance to contact them for support. Here is their response to COVID-19.
- Middlesex Water Company is suspending shut-offs indefinitely due to COVID-19 outbreaks. Read their press release here.
- Jersey Central Power & Light are working with residents who are unable to pay due to COVID-19. Click here for more information.
- New Jersey Natural Gas is suspending shut offs until further notice.
- Essex County Food Assistance: Human Needs Food Panty
- Abundant Grace Church in Ocean County offers a food pantry to non-church members. Click here for more details and contact information.
- For people who need food assistance in Ocean County, Interfaith Food Pantry is accepting new clients, but they request you contact their office first. Call 973-538-8049.
- Monmouth County Food Assistance: Bradley Food Panty
Children & Families
- According to the Essex County, New Jersey government website, “In the abundance of caution and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Schools of Technology, Turtle Back Zoo, Codey Arena, County Golf Courses and community centers in the Parks System will be closed from Saturday, March 14 to Friday, March 27.”
- Ocean County public buildings are closed for all non-essential business effective March 16th, 2020.
- Township of Ocean Schools has put together online resources as well as a Grab and Go meal distribution plan for students. Click here for the details.
- Morris School District has virtual learning resources available for students during the closure. Click here.
- According to the Middlesex County website, the all County building are closed until further notice.
- Middlesex School District has put together resources to assist parents and students with school work during the school closing. For more information and resources click here.
Support for Small Businesses
- Small Business Administration Updated Disaster Assistance Loans (As of March 17th, 2020)
- The S. Small Business Administration has updated their Disaster Assistance Loan criteria to support more small business. According to a recent press release from the SBA, the following criteria will have two immediate impacts:
- Faster, Easier Qualification Processes
- Expanded, Statewide Access to the SBA Disaster Assistance Loans.
Mental Health Support
- The following 24/7 crisis hotlines provide free, confidential emotional support: