I didn’t think I would ever agree with the age of 37 as being too old to go to a nightclub until I went to my high school reunion this Saturday night. Our reunion was held at a bar/nightclub at Seaside Heights. As we were trying to talk and get reacquinted with each other, we were annoyed by the music overpowering our voices. We found trying to shout in each others ears very bothersome. Several of us asked the DJ to lower the music and it seemed like he made it even louder! We commented how it would have been better to rent a hall, then one of our classmates said “that’s because we’re old”! Geez is that true? Are we too old or just wiser?
A new survey by Currys PC World reveals that 37 is the age when people are seen as too old to be going to a nightclub.
– 31 is the age when people prefer staying in to going out
– 29% of people avoid going to nightclubs because they don’t want a hangover the next day
– 60% of people avoid going to a nightclub because it is too expensive
– 50% of people avoid going to a nightclub because they are no longer into ‘the scene’
– 22% of people avoid going to a nightclub because they don’t want to deal with the hassle of getting dressed up
– 13% of women avoid going to a nightclub because they don’t want to wear high heels
Once in a while throwing on the heels and dancing off the calories to obnoxiously loud music may not be that horrific! When trying to have a conversation, I prefer quiet dinner music or even a diner over a club!
– Maryann Morgan, Joel and Maryann in the Morning