There seems to be Halloween candy everywhere. It starts when I come in to work and pass a pumpkin candy dish that our Sales Associate, Frania, overflows with a delicious variety everyday. Frania has been doing this since late August. She apparently not only likes Halloween but enjoys getting her co-workers fat! Everyday I say "I'm not gonna grab anything from this pumpkin today" but Mr. Goodbar, Kit-Kat, and Almond Joy say "eat me, eat me". I am the only one in the office who can hear the candy speak to me in such an inviting tone. Seriously, I have an abundance of fruit and nuts and other healthy snacks on hand but there's nothing like a piece of chocolate melting in your mouth.
I think supermarkets have Halloween candy on sale early because they know we will buy it, eat it, then have to go back to the store to buy more. Who can leave Halloween candy sitting in a bag unattended? Take it out of the bag, toss it in a bowl and grab a bite every time you walk by.
Since we know we are going to give in to temptation, here's what you have to do to burn off the candy.
If you are a runner, running a 10 minute mile will burn about 113 calories.
Since most people would rather count steps than run, check out how many steps it takes to work off your favorite candy bar.
- Almond Joy - 232 calories, 7,250 steps
- Butterfinger -216 calories, 6,750 steps
- Kit Kat - 220.5 calories, 6,891 steps
- M&Ms Plain - 236 calories, 7,375 steps
- M&Ms Peanut - 242.5 calories, 7,578 steps
- Milky Way - 228.5 calories, 7,141 steps
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups - 222 calories, 6,938 steps
- Snickers - 273 calories, 8,531 steps
- Twix bar - 284.5 calories, 8,891 steps
- York Peppermint Patty - 149 calories, 4,656 steps
- 3 Musketeers - 212 calories, 6,625 steps
Since I like to run and my favorite candy is Mr Goodbar, 393 calories, I will be running about 40 minutes
Happy Halloween and enjoy the treats! - Maryann Morgan