Mike is getting married this weekend and everyone around here is super excited for him. We also want him to have a happy life with his soon to be wife. The on air staff gathered together and decided we should give him advice since we are all in happy marriages. Cande Roth and I had a huge discussion on how important it is to keep date night. You should have a night to dress up, throw on make-up, and be a little flirty. It’s important to feel good about yourself and have your partner feel good about you too. Getting married is not a free ticket to let yourself go. Keep that spark going no matter how many kids you throw in the mix.
I think it’s important to be your spouses best friend. I enjoy the adventures I have with my husband. We try to keep the spark alive by trying new activities. Over the years we’ve gone paddle boarding, tubing, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, archery, snorkeling, and many other outdoor activities. It keeps the boredom down!
Very Important things for Mike to Keep in Mind
- Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right and the other is the husband.
- If at first you don’t succeed, do it the way your wife told you.
- Marriage lets you annoy that one special person for the rest of your life.
- Never laugh at your wife’s choices, you are one of them.
- Five words for a successful marriage, I’m sorry… It’s my fault…
Congrats Mike, may this be one union that never goes on strike – Maryann Morgan