When I was asked to write a blog about my cell phone use, I immediately started writing in fear that if I didn't my phone would be taken away! I admit, I'm addicted! I have alerts that sound and vibrate to keep me up with the latest news, the changing weather, my emails, texts, yadda, yadda, yadda! I feel a lot of time is wasted in my day since I'm constantly scrolling my news feed. Life was simpler, and less stressful without the invention of the cell phone. Think about it, we can't even relax on vacation anymore. People expect an immediate response to an email, even when you're on vacation on a sandy beach. How did we allow an electronic take over our day?
Can I go a day without my phone? I have to say no. I google everything from how to fix things, to a restaurant review, to directions. How can someone possibly be without a phone all day when there is so much to discover on this little device?
Other uses for your cell phone include:
- The camera makes a great mirror (especially if you need to do a teeth check after eating a poppy seed bagel)
- Use it as a flashlight to help you find your way to the bathroom in the night
- It replaces an alarm clock
- You can secretly check where your kids are by using the Find My Friends App
- You can stream Magic 98.3 right from your phone