Ashley Graham has been an inspiration to us all!
The supermodel has signed with Wilhelmina in 2001 while she was at a model convention. From there, her career took off as she appeared on covers of Vogue and Sports Illustrated. Not only is Ashely a beauty, she also has a lot of brains! In honor of her birthday, here are 8 quotes from Graham that’ll make you feel empowered.
1. “The thing that I really want to promote and that I want women to understand is that it’s not about wanting something else; it’s about being sled-assured about your size and also just loving your body.” – Flare, December 2006
2. “Don’t let your image, don’t let your size, hold you back. If I had let my hips or my jiggly thighs hold me back or the fact that I’ve got these big heavy breasts, then I would not be where I am today.” – Elle, February 2016
3. “Sexy is a state of mind.” – 5 Minutes With Franny
4. “I know my curves are sexy and I want everyone else to know that theirs are too. There is no reason to hid and every reason to flaunt.” – Swimsuits For All
5. “I say to myself: You are bold, you are brilliant, and you are beautiful. Today you will not let other people’s words affect you. You are worthy of greatness!” – Girl Up
6. “I felt free once I realized I was never going to fit the narrow mold that society wanted me to fit in.” – TED Talks
7. “It’s about loving who you are. If you don’t love who you are, you are never going to feel 100 percent satisfied in life. It all starts with you. If you don’t love you, nobody else is going to be able to.” – The Edit, December 2014
8. “There is no reason to hide and every reason to flaunt.” – Instagram, August 2015
Sarah is a Hufflepuff living in NYC. When she is not traveling or talking to random animals, she is working as a script writer. Tweet her at @lumpyspacederp