Waking up in the morning is hard, especially when you have to get your kids ready!
Not to mention, if you have to drop your kids off at a bus stop, there’s definitely a time crunch involved! Make your mornings less stressful my implementing these early morning routines!
- If your kid does not have a uniform, encourage them to pick out their outfit for the next day. That way, when they’re done brushing their teeth, they already have their clothing ready to go!
- Pick out breakfast foods that are easy to make. There is no sense wasting time on cooking eggs or flipping pancakes! Try to select food items like instant oatmeal or even cereal. Both of these selections will give you kid the same brainpower for less time.
- Have young kids? Try making a checklist of things they need to do before heading to school. Making a sticker chart or dry erase checklist will make mornings more fun!
- Sometimes taking a shower in the morning can take up a lot of time, especially when you’re tired. If you’re looking to save a few minutes, try to move your bathing time to the night before. That way, you can still take your time, but won’t have to worry about rushing to dry off.
- Make lunches ahead of time! While you’re making dinner, try to also pack up your children’s lunches. All you’ll have to do in the morning is just place them in their bag and you’re good to go.
- While you’re making their lunches, also pack up their book bags! Having all of their books and miscellaneous school items all zipped up and ready to go will make mornings less stressed.
- Give yourself enough time in the morning to get ready. If you’re slow at waking up, then set your alarm for an earlier time. It may stink losing an hour of sleep, but it’ll benefit you in the long run!
- Even though it is hard to do, do not hit the snooze button! This will only delay your morning routine, making it harder in the long run to get up.
- Set a definite time schedule. If you know that you need to be out of the door no later than 7:15, make sure to stick to that goal! Only delaying the leaving process will make it harder to be on time.
- Lastly, make sure you’re going to bed at a decent hour. If you’re not getting enough sleep, how do you expect to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed? It’ll be nearly impossible!
Sarah is a Hufflepuff living in NYC. When she is not traveling or talking to random animals, she is working as a script writer. Tweet her at @lumpyspacederp