You've heard of Disney cruises or Alaska cruises, and you probably did one as a family vacation when you were younger. But now there's a new type of cruise, and it's just for millennials.
U by Uniworld has announced plans to begin cruises just for people ages 21 to 45 sometime in 2018. Passengers can enjoy free WiFi (duh) as well as yoga sessions, DJs, wine and painting classes, and on-trend food offerings. Might we add a few suggestions to the list of the cruise ship's offerings if they're truly trying to cater to the millennial clientele?
- Postmates-sponsored room service
- A mimosa bar
- Unlimited rosé packages
- Attire requirement: athleisure
- Unicorn pool floats for all guests who get onboard
- Colored aviators located in each room upon arrival
- A mandatory social media hour where talking is forbidden and scrolling Instagram is required
- Each room must come up with an appropriate hashtag for themselves as a group before they're allowed to participate in cruise activities
The company plans to offer the millennial-only cruise on two ships, each fitting about 120 passengers. Right now there are six different trip options. This seems like the ideal setting for a new reality show, doesn't it?
Lauren Levine is a freelance writer who has contributed to publications and websites including The Charlotte Observer, U.S. News & World Report, American Way magazine, The Huffington Post, Hello Giggles, Bustle, Thrillist, Thought Catalog, and others.