Sofia Vergara’s Top 5 Mom Moments On Modern Family
We all know that Gloria Pritchett-Delgado, played by Sofia Vergara, on ABC’s Modern Family, is one feisty momma!
But we love her ‘muy loca’ character for all these reasons, which is why we’re highlighting her spirit for her birthday today!
For all you devoted Modern Family fans out there, you can agree that Vergara is the life of the party. She’ll do whatever it takes to keep her family safe and if anyone discriminates against her boys, Manny or Joe, or tries to stir the pot, she’ll shut that down immediately!
Vergara plays a sexy, Colombian woman with an unforgettable accent who’s married to an older man- Jay. At first glance, you might think she’s sweet and soft-spoken. But boy, is she quite the opposite! To be blunt, this actress has no filter. She says and does what’s on her mind. She’s got an outspoken personality that won’t quit.
According to MovieFone.com, in one episode, when a police officer confronts Vergara suggesting she knows a lot about sneaking contraband onto a place, she replies with “I’m Colombian” and in another instance, this spicy broad insists that a ‘dog-eat-dog’ world is ridiculous and that we should live in a doggy-dog world filled with beautiful little puppies.
You never know what kind of words will spew from her mouth next! Let’s just say, you don’t want to mess with this drama queen!
If you’re a Modern Family addict, you’ll love these hilarious Sofia Vergara moments!
- The time Vergara attempts to get her husband Jay to help Manny with his bullying problem. When they tell her she’s the real bully, she turns it right back around and bullies them!
2. The time she gives it her all to do a Texas accent in skimpy, short American flag shorts. C’mon Jay, Vergara knows you want her to get her citizenship!
3. The time she believes Jay no longer tries to look good for her. So what does she do? She stops looking pretty for him! And she goes all the way with this one. She wears her ordinary t-shirt, cakes on thick red lipstick and proudly displays a fanny pack. We expect nothing less!
4. When Vergara believes Baby Joe is cursed and that an awful lot of her relatives have been carried off by giant birds. She really thinks her family has a dark side and that they are all cursed with bad luck. Ha!
5. Vergara isn’t having the easiest time with her pregnancy. She snores and her tight-fitting outfits unbutton when she eats. Seems like every pregnant mom could relate. But what about getting out of a car when it’s still moving? Or standing in the frozen food aisle at the grocery store for over 30 minutes? Those are Vergara-only symptoms! Looks like someone’s got a real bad case of a pregnacny brain!
Happy Birthday, Sophia!
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she’s headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)