Magic 98.3 WMGQ
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Beaches Turks & Caicos “WORD of the DAY”
These rules apply to the “Turks & Caicos Word of the Day”2018” contest (“Contest”) being conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a Magic 98.3 WMGQ (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted on the Station’s website may apply to this contest.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Between February 7 – February 23, 2018, listen for the sounder cue to call in to MAGIC 98.3 three times per day 8:00am, 1:00pm, and 4:00pm tell us the WORD OF THE DAY and be in the running for a trip for 2 to a Beaches Resort.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all WMGQ-FM listeners who are 21 years of age or older and legal residents of the United States, living or working in New Jersey. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
b. Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Middlesex, Somerset and Union Counties, NJ and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, and grandchildren, including “in-laws.”
c. Contestants are eligible to win a WMGQ-FM contest only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Prize Giveaways: Unique Travel, Corp. the worldwide representatives of Beaches Resorts will provide:
• Two (2) prizes consisting of a four-day/three-night Luxury Included® Vacation for two (2) to any Beaches Resorts located in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos with round-trip coach airfare for two (2) on a dedicated airline partner. These Beaches Resorts include:-Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa - Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
-Beaches Negril Resort & Spa - Negril, Jamaica
-Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club - Ocho Rios, Jamaica• Estimated retail value of vacation and round trip coach airfare for two adults: $4,500
• Beaches Resorts is a Luxury Included® resort destination. Therefore the provided prize will include one room (double occupancy) accommodations, all meals, including gourmet dining, unlimited premium brand beverages, daily and nightly entertainment, all land and water sports, including scuba diving (for certified divers), snorkeling, gratuities, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas and transfers to and from the resort designated airport.
• Telephone calls, Red Lane® Spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, SCUBA certification courses, island departure taxes and purchases made at the Beaches Specialty Shops are not included.
• Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) provided by Unique Travel, Corp. is valid to/from the nearest major gateway to resort designated airport. The dedicated airline partner will serve as the official airline sponsor. The tickets are valid until February 23rd, 2019 and are subject to availability and black-out periods (black-out dates to be determined). Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
• Please note: It is the responsibility of WMGQ-FM to inform the prizewinner(s) that airfare reservations will not be confirmed until 90 days prior to the selected travel date.
• Prize(s) must be redeemed for travel within one year from February 23rd, 2018 and is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No extension will be given after the prize has expired. If the prize is not redeemed, the prize is void.
• Please note: This prize(s) is subject to space availability and selected blackout dates. It is the responsibility of WMGQ-FM to inform the prizewinner(s) that reservations will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to the selected travel date.
• Prizewinner(s) must be at least 21 years of age.Prize must be claimed at the office of the Station located at 78 Veronica Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.b. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
c. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash, except at the discretion of the Station or the prize provider.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
a. Each week one (1) grand prize winner will be announced from all qualifiers. They will be selected via random drawing from the 15 winners that week. Winner will be announced on-air and notified by phone or email.
b. If the initially-selected winner cannot be contacted within one (1) business day after being announced, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Potential winners who fail to respond within one (1) business day of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
c. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
b. Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
c. By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any medium, without additional financial or other compensation.
d. By participating in the contest, each entrant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
e. Contest winners may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner must execute and return any required release as instructed by Station personnel or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
f. The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
g. The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, Parent Corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
h. Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
i. The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and publication at www.magic983.com.
j. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
k. The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
l. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
m. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
n. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from contestants under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
p. Any materials submitted become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
q. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
s. Copies of the written contest rules and, if required by applicable law, a list of all winners are available for 60 days after the contest concludes during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 78 Veronica Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.